Saturday 2 October 2010

Goodbye old friends...


The running police would no doubt have me banged up for using these trainers long past their sell-by date, but when holes you could drive a Mac truck through start appearing, even I have to admit it’s time to introduce them to the bin.


Purchased in Hong Kong what seems like light years ago, these shoes have, literally, stood me in good stead over hundreds and hundreds of kilometres. Together we've pounded the streets of London, Sydney, Prague, San Francisco, Berlin, Wellington, Auckland, Hamilton and Bristol; I've sent them over asphalt, across paddocks and up and down thigh-curdling inclines (yes Wellington, I’m talking about you).


Now I have to start the painful process of finding a new pair that mould perfectly to my feet. That’s one shopping trip I’m not looking forward to.


What I am looking forward to, however, is my media trip to Denmark and Sweden – we fly tomorrow so no posts for a week or so because I am done lugging that heavy arse laptop around with me!


Have a great week everyone….

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...