Saturday 5 March 2011

Outrageous beauty alert

I promised pics and here they are.

You'll be pleased to know that the festival of inconvenience and general bollockness that is US airports was greatly enlivened yesterday by random chats with:

a) an Australian sewage engineer who I immediately nicknamed Kenny after the Aussie movie. We scoured our departure lounge for something, anything healthy to eat (tip: bring your own food or risk the chance of scurvy and/or obesity) and laughed at our fellow passengers as he showed me insanely beautiful photos of where he and his family live (the Blue Mountains) and I whinged about the English weather.

b) an American architect who spoke so passionately about her sustainable practice that I felt almost inclined to commission her to design my dream home. But then I realised that would mean vacating the Slum, and then what would I have left to hate?

The payoff for time spent in LAX was getting to San Francisco and seeing Doug and Suzi and, of course, the Divine Ms M who, after her initial frenzy of welcome, ran downstairs to look for the Animator! And, I might add, sat staring at the garage door for some time after, not quite understanding that her favourite human wasn't part of the deal this time. If I wasn't so besotted with her, I might feel offended.

But today the sun is shining and after some initial difficulty identifying the unfamiliar golden orb in the sky, I have breakfasted alfresco on a bowl of blueberries and granola (the Americans do the best granola ever), walked the dogs, attended two estate sales with Suzi and bought a cute wooden cigar box for the princely sum of $3.

And it's only lunchtime...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...