Thursday 24 March 2011

War

Hate to get all political on yo' asses. That's not why you come here....

BUT it's a slightly surreal feeling knowing the country I live in is at war.

The always credible Independent tells me the cost to Britain of air action in Libya is running at around £3 million a day. The pointy heads over at the MOD reckon the Libyan campaign could reach £100 million within four to six weeks.

This at a time when government and council budgets are being mercilessly slashed, when jobs are falling off the radar and essential services such as public libraries are closing their doors. As my learned colleague put it today, “This country is already on its knees. We can't afford this bullshit”.

Quite. It's certainly not the worthiest repository of my tax dollars I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...