Thursday 14 April 2011

Question

How does my laptop know I am in the United Arab Emirates?

Everything has gone haywire and is in Arabic - I keep having to translate pages which is totally doing my scone in. Perhaps it's the heat.

On the plus side, I have worked my rapidly-getting-fatter-on Arabic-sweets arse off today and achieved an excellent result for my company. They bloody better appreciate it. To celebrate, I took time out at the ginomorous shopping mall next to the hotel. I tried on a ring which, because of the pitiful sales tax here, I assumed would be cheap as chips. It wasn't. Exit shop quickly, don't pass go.

Almost time for cocktails and dinner on the terrace. Is it wrong to wear silk when even my sweat is sweating?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...