Sunday 23 October 2011

This weekend

No item is currently more likely to send me on a killing spree than sandpaper.

Yes, hours and hours of rubbing pieces of coated abrasive over walls has almost tipped me over the edge.

As light relief, the Animator has appointed me to painting duty. But, let's be clear, only to do the undercoat because he knows (quite rightly) that I'll get bored after an hour and do a rubbish job deliberately so I can be let off. Still, it'll be a pleasant change from sanding.

Thankfully last night my darling American friend Donna whisked us away from renovation serfdom to this newish Mexican place, La Boca Loca. And it may not be San Francisco's Mission District, but oh my goodness, it came close. Thank you Donna.

Today there will be the getting of veggies from the farmer's market, more whipping into shape of the new house and, later, the Rugby World Cup final. I pray I will have the energy to cheer on the boys in black, whilst the Animator will have his alcohol consumption monitored after Friday night's drunken antics!

(Pic: Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...