Tuesday 17 January 2012

What's in a name?

Regular readers will know that my first job in Bristol was a tedious affair editing financial documents for Attila the Boss. Because it was miles from the city, I used to catch a ride with the Animator and every morning we'd drive through a down-at-heel part of Bristol - the kind where shop owners are overly intimate with security bars and padlocks the size of dinner plates.

Such was my despair at the day that lay ahead of me that every morning, I'd laugh myself stupid at the name of a rundown fish and chip shop we'd pass - In Cod We Trust. It still makes me smile.

As did this list on the Guardian website. I do believe my new favourite is New York's A Salt & Battery.


(Pic credit: The Guardian)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...