Sunday 25 March 2012

Where's a magic carpet when you need one?

In a few hours, the Aardman feature film that we hauled arse to the UK for for 18 months will have its world premiere in Bristol.

It's rumoured Hugh Grant (who voiced the Pirate Captain) will be there, and maybe even Selma Hayak will walk the red carpet. The Animator and I were invited, along with the other cast and crew. Screw the red carpet though; today I'd just be happy for a magic one that could whisk us to the UK and back in time for work on Monday.

I've know I've said it here before, but I am ever so grateful to be home. Of course, I miss my UK friends (most of the NZ ones are being syphoned off into breeding duties), the shopping and, of course, the travel. Today my heart also yearns for the chance to catch up with the Aardman boys and for the Animator to celebrate all his hard work. But we'll raise a glass of something bubbly tonight; and, wherever you are on the planet, if you get a chance to see this movie, please do. It looks FANTASTIC...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Shazzy sorry you missed the premiere. We would have loved to have had you back here.

    But hope to see you when you are next over. And yes, am definitely going to see this movie!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...