Saturday 7 July 2012

Strange golden orb in the sky

Today, for the first time in ages, the sun shone. We stood outside and looked at it quizzically, in much the same way those hidden Amazonian tribes do when they first see a mobile phone.

There was a sleep-in, a long, leisurely dog walk and breakfast with the Animator. Later, I spent a couple of hours interviewing a lovely family in Hataitai for Your Home & Garden Magazine, which I need to write this weekend. Although sometimes I want to climb off this crazy freelance treadmill, I am also stupidly grateful for the work and the window it gives me into other people's lives. Which is, I guess, one of the reasons I became a journalist in the first place....

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...