Saturday 29 September 2012

Dinner with friends

My first job when I arrived in London more years ago than I care to remember was as Girl Friday for a funky film studio in Soho. One of my daily tasks was to fetch lunch for the producers and screenwriters and, at that time, the place du jour was Cranks, a mind-blowingly good veggie restaurant (and this was  before I had given up consuming flesh).

Having just arrived in the English capital, every street looked the same to me (long before the advent of GPS or Google Maps) and every day I would get hopelessly lost, arriving back with the lunch orders long after noon.

I was reminded of those few months today when I dusted off my copy of the Cranks cookbook; we have  friends coming for dinner whom I haven't seen since their wedding in March and, unlike me, Tab is a 'proper' veggie (ie she doesn't eat fish or non-vegetarian cheese) so I am about to turn this pile of root vegetables into this udon noodle dish.




 For afters, there will be raspberry and coconut cake. Wish me luck...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...