Saturday 23 February 2013

Basil action

Meet the Animator's first successful attempt to grow Basil in the wild:


    

He is so proud of it that when I asked him to pick two bunches so I could have my way with them, olive oil and stupidly expensive pine nuts, he looked as though I'd asked him to jump through a plate glass window.

But it is starting to go to seed and, as gloriously fragrant as it is, the time will soon come for it to commit hari kari.

Tonight's pesto will also contain garlic from the Animator's garden; it's a bit of a hippy notion, but oh my god, it is nice to be able to wander outside and pick fresh veges and herbs. You watch, we'll be knitting our own yoghurt before too long.

While I'm riffing on all things green, it would be remiss of me not to mention the other herb pot and the fat green tomatoes which, fingers crossed, the birds won't get to before we do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...