Friday 14 June 2013

Suffering for my art


It's 7.15pm on a Friday, an hour when most people are onto their third beer/wine/insert alcoholic beverage of choice. 

I, however, am stuck in my office, waiting to ring a home-owner about the renovation of her Auckland home for a magazine story. I dragged myself out of bed early to interview the architect who was lovely, but enamoured of phrases such as 'reflect the classicism of the build', 'abstract reinterpretation' and 'surety of balance expressed through strong lines of symmetry'. All of which now have to be put through the plain English filter.

Also achieved today:
  • Frantic bashing at the keyboard to meet the deadline for a corporate newsletter that has to be out next week
  • A visit to my clothes woman and the collection of a nice fat cheque. Thank you, Wellington women, for buying my offcasts
  • The baking of an orange cake for arvo tea tomorrow with a couple of colleagues from a few contracts ago (was supposed to be the best beloved lemon cake of last weekend but discovered too late we only had one lemon, the tree was bare and I couldn't be arsed going out to buy another one)
  • A run in the sunshine with the Hound, and the making of a new doggie friend
  • A compliment from the editor of a glossy monthly mag for a Korea travel story I filed earlier this week
  • A visit from a woman I met with her lovely dog in the Town Belt the other day; turns out she owns an advertising/graphic design agency and is looking for a copywriter. The universe was obviously smiling down on me today.   
Visuals are of cute woofers, because I can't think of a nicer way to end the working week...
All images from Tumblr









  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...