Sunday 18 August 2013

"I was scary"

On Friday morning, before the 6.6 quake hit, my lovely hairdresser and I were discussing the previous month's jolt.

Although Raymond, who has been putting up with me and my chemically tortured follicles for years, emigrated to NZ from Hong Kong about 28 years ago, he still has the odd issue with the English language. He was telling me how, on that Sunday afternoon back in July, his two kids and Japanese wife ducked under their dining room table and refused to come out for an hour afterwards.

"I was scary," he repeatedly told me.

This weekend, Raymond, we've all felt a bit scary.

The aftershocks continue apace, including a 5.0 jolt at 4am today which awoke us and prompted Bristol to do the run-up-and-down-the-stairs-barking-like-a-lunatic trick. I do believe he is as over it as we are.

Here's to a rumble free week....


(Pic credit: Google Images) 
          

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...