Tuesday 24 December 2013

An expensive way to say Merry Christmas

I can count on one hand the number of items I bought from John Lewis during the six and a bit years I lived in the UK.

But, as usual, their Christmas campaign to buy more crap you don't need, or can't afford, is a sweetie. It's also kind of criminal that it cost about seven million quid to produce but apparently obscene advertising budgets are okay if they get the tills ringing.

Still, I had a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat when I watched it, so it might be time to put the cynicism back in its box (at least until after the fat man in the red suit has been).

Watch and enjoy and have a fantabulous day no matter where in the world you are...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...