Thursday 23 January 2014

I'm late, I'm late....

for every bloody thing, at the moment.

I've taken on too much work and my time management skills are failing to keep up.

It's now about 9.30pm and I still haven't started a major piece of marketing collateral I need to deliver in a few days. My head hurts and I badly want to spend the next few hours staring at the back of my eyelids, or a movie or a book. Anything but a laptop screen.

This evening, on the way home from one contract, I had to feed the neighbour's cat, which we've been doing for the past week. I was late leaving the office, had work leftover from the first contract to complete and still had to walk the Wonder Dog. The poor wee cat is going half crazed that his owners are out of town and all he wanted was for me to stay and pat him. But I didn't even have the time to do that (you can tut tut at me all you like, but I will pretend not to hear. I know it was horrid of me to feed and run, but I had to keep the plates spinning and there was no time for cuddles).
  
Or, indeed, for any more fannying about here. It's back to work for me.

Perhaps I should take heart from the great Nelson Mandela...



(Pic credit: Tumblr)

2 comments:

  1. As long as you're not "late, late" ! Call if you can score a jolly to Los Angeles ... Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey stranger, good to hear from you. Damn, was on a freebie to LA a few years back - and we got married in Vegas for a story for NEXT Magazine. Would have loved to have caught up had I known you were still there. Am sure I can work something out though - esp now that Susanna Walker from our year is a Fairfax travel ed. Anyway, email me - sharon.stephenson2@gmail,com - hope all good in your world? SSx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...