Friday 17 January 2014

The good, the bad and the pine cones

A stupidly busy day - exacerbated by the fact I have just taken on another part-time PR contract. I know.

I am, it appears, genetically incapable of saying No. Bang goes my writing from home days (Wednesdays and Fridays), although hopefully once I have done the correct amount of schmoozing and connected with the appropriate project team peeps, I should be able to do the bulk of the writing from home. Here's hoping...

And of course just as I say yes to this gig, two rather large writing commissions plop into my inbox. So much for pacing myself this year.

Other things that annoyed me today included:
  • guys digging up the street outside my window with the world's most enthusiastic digger
  • the airline messing up my flights so I now only have four nights in HK - grrrrrr
  • which meant having to rearrange the HK interviews I'd already sorted for that extra day
  • no time to drag my arse around the harbour
  • insufficient work completed
  • one very annoying editor who I'd like to feed to the wolves, piece by piece.

As a result of the above, Dry January has been dismissed as the extremely ill conceived idea it was. 

One thing I did achieve today was the excessive collection of pine cones in the Town Belt to fill the wooden tray thingy I bought at the tip shop on Sunday for two whole bucks. As I was admiring my stash, the Hound swept in and grabbed one. Pine cones are, in fact, his favoured chew toy. On reflection, they may not be the best table decoration.          





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...