Wednesday 18 November 2015

First Christmas party

Last week, I heard my first Christmas carol in the supermarket. Tonight, I went to my first Christmas party, a Woman in Business event hosted by a global tax firm with deep pockets in a gallery with soaring ceilings and ridiculously expensive art.

Needless to say, the nibbles were outstanding and the jazz band was almost as good as I heard in New Orleans.

Best of all, I ran into a former colleague I'd lost contact with years ago (the last time I saw her was when the Animator and I stayed at her place in Rome when she worked for the NZ Embassy). It was all kinds of lovely to catch up.

It feels odd to be eating Xmas mince pies and having people wish you happy holidays when November hasn't even played itself out yet. But oh well...

   

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god! What a sweet post on First Christmas party. Gratitude for this wonderful share! Anyway, it was also my son’s first Christmas and I celebrated the day grandly with family and friends at one of the best party venues Los Angeles. I would never forget this day!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...