Thursday 31 December 2015

Farewell 2015

This year has just about dragged its butt across the finish line.

There have been good times and bad times, laughs and tears and a whole ocean of red wine in-between.

Here's a couple of highlights from the past 364-1/2 days.

Things I loved: Travel (see below), our cute wee beach house, the chance to write the shizzle out of lots of interesting things, my two boys.

Things I didn't love: The usual suspects - a couple of contracts (and the lunatic people associated with them), morons who insist on abusing animals and raping the planet, having to do the extra schlep from Auck to Welli after already being enclosed in a flying tin-can for hours and hours (hurry up and build that bloody Welli runway extension, would you!)

Stamps I added to my passport: Oman, Dubai (x2), India, Singapore, US, Italy and Australia.

What my money went on: Renovating the beach house, a deepening addiction to Kiehl's products and the government (you're welcome, Mr Tax Man).

The soundtrack to my year: The City and Colour, Of Monsters and Men, Arctic Monkeys, Ed Sheeran, Wilco.

Unmissable tee-vee: Silicon Valley, Homeland, Mr Robot, The Knick, Better Call Saul, Broad City, Empire, Scandal, The Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce, Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder, Olive Kitteridge, Orange is the New Black, Transparent, Black-ish, Grace and Frankie.

Books I rested my eyes upon:  Too many to mention - the N&S Magazine reviewing gig continues to rock.

What 2016 has in store: Hopefully lots more lovely travel for work, a milestone birthday, another investment property and more interesting, engaging work that not only pays the bills but also doesn't make me want to stab myself.

Wherever you are, and whatever you're doing, have a great New Year's Eve night - and an even better 2016.

 
  
(Pic Credit: Google Images) 
  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...